Quinoa Flour -
Quinoa Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients - makes approximately 16 muffins
2 cups Dowd & Rogers quinoa flour
2 cups oats - ground in a blender
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup applesauce - unsweetened
3/4 cup milk (or rice milk)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
coconut chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin - I spray a little coconut oil in each.
- In a medium bowl, mix quinoa, ground oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and chia seeds. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Either fold in blueberries, but mixture will turn blue. Or if you do not want your mix to turn blue, pour a little dough into the muffin tin and drop a few blueberries into the mix, then drop more mix on top of the blueberries. then drop muffin mix on top of berries and top with more blueberries.
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top (optional)
- Bake the muffins for approximately 23-25 minutes.
Each muffin contains approximately 2 grams of
protein and 3 grams of fiber!!