Apple Pie with Citric Acid
½ cup Coconut Palm Sugar
2 tablespoons Dowd & Rogers Almond Flour
1 teaspoon Dowd & Rogers Citric Acid
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
7 cups thinly sliced apples - about 8 medium apples
1 tablespoon butter, cut up.
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, flour, citric acid, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and stir until mixed.
- Line one crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan (unbaked). Add apple mixture and top with slices of butter.
- Place second pie crust on top of filling. You can put the whole crust over or lattice the top. If you do not lattice, cut vents in top crust and brush with milk for a glazed appearance if desired.
- 5.Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes.
Approximately 8 servings